I made these delicious pancakes for lunch this afternoon (hey, who says pancakes are only for breakfast?!) and I thought I'd share the recipe with you guys.
What You Need:
- 1 cup of gluten-free all-purpose baking flour (such as Bob's Red Mill Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour, that is what I use)
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- a pinch of salt or about 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1 cup of plain rice milk (or any other nondairy milk, rice milk is just my favorite)-for a recipe for making your own rice milk check out my How to Make Rice Milk post!
- 3 tablespoons of pure maple syrup, plus more if you want to drizzle some on your delicious finished pancakes
- about 6 ounces of organic blueberries, optional (these pancakes are also delicious without anything in them or you could also try vegan chocolate chips, Ghirardelli semi-sweet are vegan)
- vegan butter such as Earth Balance for greasing the pan and optional for spreading on finished pancakes (the pancakes are great without the butter though or you could use olive oil)
Whisk the flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a large bowl. In another bowl combine nondairy milk and maple syrup. Add the liquid mixture into the flour mixture and whisk together. Do not overmix, a few lumps are okay.
Add a small amount of Earth Balance to the skillet. Pour about 1/8-1/4 cup of batter into the skillet. Add blueberries or chocolate chips, if desired. Cook until lightly browned and bubbles begin to form. Flip and cook until lightly browned. Repeat with the rest of the batter, adding small amounts of oil to the skillet for each pancake. Serve pancakes slathered with Earth Balance and pure maple syrup, if desired. I personally love these pancakes without any butter or syrup, but for those of you butter/syrup smotherer-lovers out there - go ahead and smother!